I believe that I can learn to write well if I force myself to forget the writing habits that I use currently and be open to constructive criticism and new ideas that will help define the way that I should be using to write. Once I do that it will help me greatly to learn new things. I can also be open to receive help from my peers because it will help me understand my weaknesses and be able to work at them to make them not be my weakness anymore. While normally I am not as open to help or assistance from people, I have to recognize and tell myself that my style of writing might not necessarily be the right way and that I have to be open to constrictive criticism because it is only there for help and not to hinder progress.
Once I am able to realize that I can put my own biases and writing styles aside and be open to help from other people who can add a different perspective on my writing, I feel that I can begin to improve the way I write. You have to realize that stuff just doesn’t happen overnight, and that you actually have to work at it in order for it to get better. This applies to anything that people want to accomplish in their life whether it is learning to ride a bike or writing a college paper. If I can do this, I believe it will make me a better writer.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Learning to Write Well
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment