Disclaimer

The opinions expressed on this blog do not represent those of Texas Christian University or of its administration.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Selecting My Personal Essay

In our last class we presented an item to which helped show a different part of who we are and I brought my certification card for Scuba diving that I got 6 years ago this summer. When I found that card, I began to reminisce about what it was like to get certified when going in I had no idea what I was getting into. I could remember thoughts, emotions as well as feelings that I had while I was going through this experience.

I came to deciding on this topic because while I have had this experience before in Hawaii, I want to dive into it further and figure out how it has changed my life or remember some things about it that could help me now.

Some of the questions that I have that I hope to answer while I write this personal essay include how it has changed me or if I can remember anything that would give me a different perspective on things going on now. I want to remember what it was like before, during and after the whole process and see what I was like back then compared to who I am now 6 years later.

4 comments:

April Patrick said...

This sounds like a great topic to get you started on this essay. You already have some great questions to create a controlling idea throughout the essay. I'm really looking forward to reading your draft on Friday!

bobby123 said...

This topic is different from what other people have chosen. I think this will make a very interesting essay. Have fun writing this paper

Mason M. said...

I tried scuba diving for a while and realized it was probably one of the most bad a** things I have ever done. I hope you think its just as cool and can explain how it has helped you gain knowledge and grow as an individual. Also, mabye try to explain why you chose to learn this new thing and what you wanted to gain from it.

Breann Marie said...

That sounds like an awsome paper! and scuba diving sounds really fun!